Skip to main content

Classroom 2.0

 Welcome to my blog! Our AP was to design our classroom. Here's how it went.




    We started by brainstorming ideas of how to make our classroom better and to make it more functional but also keeping in mind that we are in uncertain times.  We also brainstormed ideas for "Classroom Rules". I came up with a few ideas such as, getting plants and repurpose a book shelf and turn it into a planter box. I also came up with the idea of making an aquaponics system not only would it be a closed system it would open our options to grow things, and taking care of things. 


    The reason why the aquaponics system is so dear to me is because in the 8th grade, I built my own! I'm taking my critical thinking skills and putting them to good use. The aquaponics system would serve as a serine place of peace because its showing the life cycle of plants, and fish of course.


    We also had an agreement for the guidelines of what the classroom should look like, we should model excellence. Not distracting others, working in a timely fashion. We can work in a timely fashion but still being curios in our work. Our teachers also have a set of agreements, they have to be willing to accept feedback, they're patient, and that we can 1:1 time with them when needed. 


    Our classroom would serve as a central hub for everything we do, from how we start the day to how we end it. After-all we do spend 90% of our time there.  As we were testing out the classroom to see how everything will feel, and function it so far feel amazing. There's good order, there are no naked noses lol, not staring at the back of someones head, everyone is withing your field of vision. 


    Thank you for reading my blog, I hope you all have a wonderful day reader! "Be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

                                                                  Layout of the classroom

   

Rules for our classes.

                                                                                    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plagues - How deadly are they?

Welcome to My Blog on Disease! In this unit of my STEAM course,  Disease , we dove into the classification and impact of diseases—learning about endemics, sporadic cases, epidemics, pandemics, and more. We explored methods to combat these threats, starting with a Model UN simulation on handling a zombie apocalypse, where I represented the UK. Though my country survived, we ended up in massive debt, a clear reminder of the challenges leaders face even with ample resources. For our Action Project, we each selected a disease and researched a specific historical outbreak. The task was to create a newspaper article explaining the disease's spread, impact, and prevention measures. I chose to focus on the Bubonic Plague and crafted a news story to communicate what caused its devastating outbreak, how it was controlled, and how similar outbreaks can be prevented today. Through this project, I discovered fascinating details about the Black Plague’s deadly rampage across Europe in the 1300s....

Stories: Mythological or real?

Welcome to my blog,  The name of this course is Stories and our main focus is looking into how people tell stories differently. For this Action Project, we had to create our own mythological creature that helped us represent an SDG we chose. I chose SDG 5 which is all about Gender Equality. We took a short Field Experience to the Poetry Foundation. We looked at Monica Ong's exhibit called "Planatria" It gave me inspiration for my project. I made a hybrid named Ligon.  We had to create a character profile for our hybrid creature. I really enjoyed doing this because it helped me tap into my creativity, I was able to use my knowledge of mythological creatures and greek mythology to try and fix a problem and create a Utopia. My character profile: The Ligon: What does a Ligon look like? Where does the Ligon originate from?  The Ligon hails from areas of Southeast Asia, areas extending from Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand. I chose these countries because dragons have appeared throu...

Am I really a Global Peace Maker?

Hello all! It's been quite some time since I last made a blog post. First I wish you all a wonderful Merry Christmas, and an amazing new year! This term, I was in a class called Global peace, this term we focused on methods that would and should bring attention to issues in our community, in nonviolent ways. Global peace also focused on the Gandhian principles of truth, nonviolence, Sarvadoya, and Satyagraha. In Global Peace, we went on some inspiring FEs like the neighborhood walk. On this FE we got to walk through two different neighborhoods and observe the differences between them. For this AP I had to make a plan to combat an issue, I chose gun violence, and the purpose of this is to promote a sense that we are all welcome, and we can all live in a community without violence. The purpose is also to show that we are on a united front to stand against gun violence. I hope you enjoy my slide show, and I hope it will help you understand why gun violence is a prevalent issue in all...