Skip to main content

Star Cards reflection.

 


Hello Welcome to my blog, this term in Game Changers, we had to look at diffrent games from battle cards, to Magic the gatheing to get insperation to create our own games. I realise now that creating a game is very ambitious especcially for two weeks but this is what I was able to accomplish.


HEY YOU! YES YOU! Do you want to play a game that is both a card game and an amazing battle game? Well you're in luck! We've created an amazing game from both Star Wars and battling to save the galaxy. Will evil prevail.. Or will goodness keep the galaxy in balance. Our game’s name is “STAR CARDS.” The game starts off with 4 cards for every person. You place one card down for each person and you battle each other's cards and the cards that deal the most damage win the round.

Our game is a battle cards game, to be quite honest when we first started out i didnt think that i would even be able to finish. The first week was the most teadous, purley because we started bouncing from idea to idea. We had finnaly settled on one thing Christmas, and Star Wars. After a lot of deliberatilon we finally agreed on doing star wars. We got our inspiration from "Magic the Gathering" so we took what we learned and put a spin on it. Our game has seven rules as follows:

  1. 2-4 players

  2. 2 teams, or 4 individual players

  3. Shuffle the deck

  4. Pass 4 cards to each player

  5. Place each card face up 

  6. Whoever saw Star Wars last or the person to the left of the dealer slides a card forward or draws from the deck and everyone does that until everyone has pushed a card to the center and then they battle until one card is left standing or until they've done damage.

  7. Once done, everyone retakes there cards, you can draw a card, or place a new one from your hand on the table.


    I wish we had more time to show more of what our game couldve been. I think that, if we had more time say 2-3 months i think our game wouldve had way more progress. I am overall happy with what we got. The outcome was pretty good for a game designed in less than 2 weeks. We rushed yes, but we still got things done. There was alot of laughter, there was a lot of anger, but we still managed to get things done. Thats all that matters.


    Slide Show, Video

The photo below shows the progress of our game, from the very first issue on strips of paper, to the index cards to our actual cards. This was really stressful, but we managed to get it done in so little time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plagues - How deadly are they?

Welcome to My Blog on Disease! In this unit of my STEAM course,  Disease , we dove into the classification and impact of diseases—learning about endemics, sporadic cases, epidemics, pandemics, and more. We explored methods to combat these threats, starting with a Model UN simulation on handling a zombie apocalypse, where I represented the UK. Though my country survived, we ended up in massive debt, a clear reminder of the challenges leaders face even with ample resources. For our Action Project, we each selected a disease and researched a specific historical outbreak. The task was to create a newspaper article explaining the disease's spread, impact, and prevention measures. I chose to focus on the Bubonic Plague and crafted a news story to communicate what caused its devastating outbreak, how it was controlled, and how similar outbreaks can be prevented today. Through this project, I discovered fascinating details about the Black Plague’s deadly rampage across Europe in the 1300s....

Stories: Mythological or real?

Welcome to my blog,  The name of this course is Stories and our main focus is looking into how people tell stories differently. For this Action Project, we had to create our own mythological creature that helped us represent an SDG we chose. I chose SDG 5 which is all about Gender Equality. We took a short Field Experience to the Poetry Foundation. We looked at Monica Ong's exhibit called "Planatria" It gave me inspiration for my project. I made a hybrid named Ligon.  We had to create a character profile for our hybrid creature. I really enjoyed doing this because it helped me tap into my creativity, I was able to use my knowledge of mythological creatures and greek mythology to try and fix a problem and create a Utopia. My character profile: The Ligon: What does a Ligon look like? Where does the Ligon originate from?  The Ligon hails from areas of Southeast Asia, areas extending from Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand. I chose these countries because dragons have appeared throu...

Am I really a Global Peace Maker?

Hello all! It's been quite some time since I last made a blog post. First I wish you all a wonderful Merry Christmas, and an amazing new year! This term, I was in a class called Global peace, this term we focused on methods that would and should bring attention to issues in our community, in nonviolent ways. Global peace also focused on the Gandhian principles of truth, nonviolence, Sarvadoya, and Satyagraha. In Global Peace, we went on some inspiring FEs like the neighborhood walk. On this FE we got to walk through two different neighborhoods and observe the differences between them. For this AP I had to make a plan to combat an issue, I chose gun violence, and the purpose of this is to promote a sense that we are all welcome, and we can all live in a community without violence. The purpose is also to show that we are on a united front to stand against gun violence. I hope you enjoy my slide show, and I hope it will help you understand why gun violence is a prevalent issue in all...