Skip to main content

Santiago De Compostela

Welcome to my blog!

In this unit of Spanish, our goal was to create a culturally immersive matching game. We gathered images of local currency from a Spanish-speaking country, focused on Santiago de Compostela in Spain, and used vocabulary related to clothing, places, and actions. This project combined visuals of local life with grammar concepts we had been studying, like the present tense and present progressive, allowing us to practice verbs, pronouns, and real-life expressions.

Working on the game was an adventure in itself! I explored clothing terms, places like churches, banks, and libraries, and action verbs tied to everyday routines. Selecting images to match each term felt overwhelming at first because I can be indecisive, but I’m proud of how it turned out. The game reflects a mix of cultural and language learning that I hope you’ll enjoy!

My Spanish 2 Flashcards - Santiago de Compostela


L.M.W Spanish 2 flash cards 2023

                                                          

Some examples of vocabulary in the game:

  • Camino por la ciudad – "I walk through the historic center of Santiago de Compostela."
  • Compro recuerdos – "I buy souvenirs in Santiago's gift shops."
  • Leo libros en la biblioteca – "I read books at the Public Library of Santiago de Compostela."
  • Vendo libros y revistas en la librería – "I sell books and magazines in a bookstore downtown."
  • Voy al banco – "I go to a bank branch in Santiago."
  • Estoy comiendo tapas – "I’m enjoying Galician tapas in a local bar."
  • Corro por el colegio – "I run through Santiago’s Alameda Park."
  • Le doy los recuerdos a mi amigo – "I give my friend the souvenirs I bought in Santiago."

Completing this Action Project required a lot of time and research into Spanish culture, from choosing a country to thoroughly exploring its unique traits. Learning about Spain’s diversity and Santiago de Compostela’s vibrant life gave me a new perspective on Spanish, and I look forward to continuing my journey in the language!

Sincerely, 

LG


Citations:


Drazen Nesic. Businesswoman, jacket, white, businessperson, fancy, outfit, clothing, garment, coat, fashion. 2021. Pixnio. https://pixnio.com/media/businesswoman-jacket-white-businessperson-fancy No changes were made.


Drazen Nesic. Handbag, blue, golden shine, wristwatch, fashion, dress, silk, woman, luggage, leather. 2021. Pixnio. https://pixnio.com/media/handbag-blue-golden-shine-wristwatch-fashion No changes were made.


Images Money. Fan of Euro Notes. 2011. Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/59937401@N07/5856732011 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ No changes were made.


Jorge Franganillo. Madrid: Puerta del Sol. 2019. Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/franganillo/51454839271 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ No changes were made.


JoseA. Madrid(Spain). 2014. Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/sky_hlv/15824606159 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ No changes were made. JoseA. Madrid(Spain).2014.Flickr.


https://www.flickr.com/photos/sky_hlv/16033348956 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ No changes were made.


Jose Maria Cuellar. The Royal Library. 2007. Flickr.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cuellar/370663920 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/ No changes were made.


jpellgen (@1179_jp). San Gines Bookshop. 2019. Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/jpellgen/33153505138/?map=1




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plagues - How deadly are they?

Welcome to My Blog on Disease! In this unit of my STEAM course,  Disease , we dove into the classification and impact of diseases—learning about endemics, sporadic cases, epidemics, pandemics, and more. We explored methods to combat these threats, starting with a Model UN simulation on handling a zombie apocalypse, where I represented the UK. Though my country survived, we ended up in massive debt, a clear reminder of the challenges leaders face even with ample resources. For our Action Project, we each selected a disease and researched a specific historical outbreak. The task was to create a newspaper article explaining the disease's spread, impact, and prevention measures. I chose to focus on the Bubonic Plague and crafted a news story to communicate what caused its devastating outbreak, how it was controlled, and how similar outbreaks can be prevented today. Through this project, I discovered fascinating details about the Black Plague’s deadly rampage across Europe in the 1300s....

Stories: Mythological or real?

Welcome to my blog,  The name of this course is Stories and our main focus is looking into how people tell stories differently. For this Action Project, we had to create our own mythological creature that helped us represent an SDG we chose. I chose SDG 5 which is all about Gender Equality. We took a short Field Experience to the Poetry Foundation. We looked at Monica Ong's exhibit called "Planatria" It gave me inspiration for my project. I made a hybrid named Ligon.  We had to create a character profile for our hybrid creature. I really enjoyed doing this because it helped me tap into my creativity, I was able to use my knowledge of mythological creatures and greek mythology to try and fix a problem and create a Utopia. My character profile: The Ligon: What does a Ligon look like? Where does the Ligon originate from?  The Ligon hails from areas of Southeast Asia, areas extending from Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand. I chose these countries because dragons have appeared throu...

Am I really a Global Peace Maker?

Hello all! It's been quite some time since I last made a blog post. First I wish you all a wonderful Merry Christmas, and an amazing new year! This term, I was in a class called Global peace, this term we focused on methods that would and should bring attention to issues in our community, in nonviolent ways. Global peace also focused on the Gandhian principles of truth, nonviolence, Sarvadoya, and Satyagraha. In Global Peace, we went on some inspiring FEs like the neighborhood walk. On this FE we got to walk through two different neighborhoods and observe the differences between them. For this AP I had to make a plan to combat an issue, I chose gun violence, and the purpose of this is to promote a sense that we are all welcome, and we can all live in a community without violence. The purpose is also to show that we are on a united front to stand against gun violence. I hope you enjoy my slide show, and I hope it will help you understand why gun violence is a prevalent issue in all...